should I move to Turkey?
Here are 6 reasons to make the switch:
• Living costs daily living costs are cheaper than in Belgium and most other European countries.
• The weather The climate is one of the main reasons why we moved to Turkey. With an average of 272 sunny days a year. It is possible to swim in the sea all year round and enjoy barbecues on the beach in January.
• Turkish cuisine is rightly generally regarded as one of the world's top 5 kitchens. Here on the coast we enjoy a Mediterranean diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables, olive oil, fish, local cheeses, beans and legumes.
• The people As an outsider, it is easy to think that it will be difficult to be accepted. The reality cannot be further from the truth. Turkish people are generally very hospitable and friendly. They have a naturally curious nature.
• Our environment Mountains close to the sea, secluded beaches and bays, pine forests and olive groves. We also have an incredibly rich and varied history here on the southwest coast of Turkey. Many ancient sites still consist of civilizations such as the Lycians, Greeks, Romans, Persians and Ottomans.
• The lifestyle comes to Turkey to take your foot off the pedal. Enjoy the climate and food. Long breakfast and lunch, evening meals sat outside on the terrace or in a local restaurant. A stress-free environment where jobs can be done tomorrow. It is a 'work to live culture' and not 'live to work’.
If you are thinking about living permanently in Turkey or maybe buying a second home here, please contact us.
ILBE.BE is happy to share her experiences and offer help and advice.
You may also like
Five strategies for holiday expat bookings
Whether you want to expatriate, retire, open up a business or want to buy a second home, we will help you go through all necessary steps to get there.Read more
How can I open a bank account in Turkey?
Most banks in Turkey offer a choice of accounts that meet customer needs and offer a wide range of services.Read more
I am moving abroad: what relocation costs can I have?
Few people make the decision to take their own furniture abroad. But if you are planning to move abroad permanently, it might be better to bring your own goods for a moreRead more